Water Damage Restoration and Mitigation
Water damage is one of the most common problems that people experience in their homes. Whether from a leaky roof, broken appliance or heavy rains, the most important aspect of mitigating water damage is taking immediate action. Quickly taking the appropriate steps will help reduce the extent of damage to your property and the likelihood of mold formation.
Paul Davis has a team of certified restoration experts on-call 24 hours a day to respond to emergency water losses. Once on scene, our technicians will assess the situation and immediately begin the proper extraction and drying processes based on the category and class of water damage. If you are experiencing an emergency water loss, call (800) 325.4636 to speak with a Paul Davis technician immediately.
What You Can Do
There are some steps you can take before we arrive in order to minimize additional damage. However, always adhere to the recommendations of your fire department or other responding agencies as your health and safety are the highest priority.
- Turn off circuit breakers powering the affected area(s).
- Unplug small appliances or electrical devices.
- Report the damage to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- If safe to do so, locate the source of the water and turn off any supply valves to stop the flow of water.
- Keep a listing of anything you have discarded and receipts for any expenses you incur in protecting your property.
- If you must relocate, even temporarily, give your insurance company a phone number where you can be reached.
- Enter any area with standing water.
- Attempt to vacuum any surfaces.
- Turn on air-conditioning or heating.
- Walk on wet surfaces, if possible.